Premium Starter Kit & how to use the oils
It is important to know that Young Living essential oils do not cure, prevent or treat any disease or illness. Our bodies are designed to heal themselves; this is the purpose of our immune system. However, when our bodies are not functioning at their optimal performance, it has been our experience that essential oils can give our bodies some extra support in a natural way without harmful side effects.
Anything that is shared is based on our personal experience by using Young Living oils and products. It is not intended to diagnose or cure any medical condition. I am not a doctor & any information or advice given on this blog is meant to help educate & inform you. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. You should always check with your healthcare provider before starting something new. Right, lets get started shall we?
- How to use essential oils
There are 2 main ways to use Essential Oils.
Inhale: You can simply breathe them in, either by putting on your hands and inhaling, putting in a diffuser, or inhaling straight from the bottle.
Topical: Our skin is our largest organ: what we put on it gets taken into the system and either used, stored or filtered out. This isn’t new science, think of the nicotine patch or a birth control patch. I use carrier oils to apply oils to the skin. A carrier is a quality vegetable or fruit oil used for diluting your essential oils. I love Young Livings V6 oil that is a blend of various vegetable oils (it sinks in really fast & the pump bottles are really handy!). We also use coconut oil and grape seed oil, but you can also use hemp, avocado, jojoba or olive oil. Apply oils topically to your feet, spine, chest or area of concern. It’s always recommended to use a carrier oil when applying oils topically to children, until you feel comfortable doing otherwise.
Safety tips using Essential Oils
1. Please never put essential oils directly into your eyes or ears as this could cause damage. Placing a few drops of oil on a cotton ball, then placing the cotton ball in your ear is recommended.
2. Our citrus oils are photosensitive. If you apply them topically, you will want to avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours so that you don’t burn.
3. It’s always recommended to use a carrier oil when applying oils topically to children, until you feel comfortable doing otherwise.
4. When using essential oils in your bath, add a few drops to Epsom salt first, then put salt into bath water. This will help the oils to adhere to something, so that you don’t have them just sitting on top of the water.
5. If you apply an oil topically and it feels uncomfortable, apply a carrier oil over it, then wipe away with a cloth. The carrier oil will gently carry the essential oil off your skin.
6. Please keep your oils stored in a cool, dark place and avoid extreme temperatures, hot or cold. This will ensure your oils remain at their best.
- Premium starter kit
For £146.88 (including tax & shipping), the Premium Starter Kit comes with all 11 oils, a dewdrop diffuser, samples, roller ball attachment, catalogue and educational materials. Below I will run through all the oils & a few ways in which we use them & find them invaluable. You’ll notice the retail prices after each oil and the diffuser—this is to show you how much value this starter kit truly is. Each 5ml bottle has approximately 90 drops in it & you use so little each time, so they really last. Once you purchase the starter kit, you are now a wholesale member and can purchase everything at a 24% off discount.
In the premium starter kit you get a Dewdrop diffuser. (There are 5 other diffuser models available from Young Living, including the gorgeous Aria diffuser, that one day I will own!). This one retails for £62.70 and functions as a humidifier, atomiser, and aroma diffuser in one simple-to-use product. Its ultrasonic technology breaks any mixture of essential oils and water into millions of microparticles, dispersing them into the air, and releasing the constituents found in essential oils. Custom designed with up to four hours of continuous run diffusion, automatic shut-off, and ambient light control, Young Living’s Dewdrop Diffuser can transform any space into a spa-like atmosphere.
This is the oil that most peaked my interest & that I kept hearing & reading people raving about before we got our first kit. We use this almost every day for immune support. We also really love many of the additional Thieves products that are available, including the Thieves cleaner, toothpaste & foaming hand soap. Thieves retails for £28.80 (15ml) and was inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of Clove, Rosemary, and other botanicals which they used to protect themselves while robbing the dead and dying during the European Plague. They were captured & the King promised them a pardon in return for sharing their secret as to why they were not dead! This oil is considered a “hot oil”, please use a carrier oil when applying topically.
- Best choice for fighting germs
- Use to clean and disinfect surfaces
- May support healthy immune function
- Diffuse to help purify air
Lemon retails for £9.30 (15ml). It is a key component in the popular products Thieves, Ningxia Red and Inner Defence. Its fresh citrus scent makes a bright, refreshing addition to your diffuser each morning.
- May help support the immune system
- May help energise/stimulate the body and mind
- Can be used in skincare recipes
- Helps clean, degrease and disinfect surfaces. Combine a few drops with water in spray bottle to use this way.
- Fantastic at removing sticky residues
Peppermint retails for £17.70 (15ml) and is a powerful essential oil that promotes and enhances healthy intestinal function, along with overall healthy G.I. system comfort. It may also support your performance during exercise when inhaled before and during physical activity.
A few things to keep in mind about Peppermint:
1. Peppermint is a hot oil, please keep it away from your eyes – it will burn! Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
2. A good rule of thumb for kids is: 1 and under, avoid Peppermint. 3 and under, Peppermint on feet ONLY. 5 and under, belly button and below ONLY.
3. Peppermint has been known to decrease milk supply in nursing mamas. Use sparingly if you are breastfeeding.
- May help increase alertness
- May help support healthy digestive function
- May help open up a stuffy nose
- May help relieve tension related aches and pains
- May help support healthy lung function
- Diffuse during work or study to encourage focus, energy and positivity.
- Can be used to keep aphids at bay from plants. Combine 180ml distilled water, 30ml witch hazel & 10 drop peppermint oil in a spray bottle.
Digize retails for £28.80 (15ml). This unique blend contains Ginger, Anise, Fennel, Peppermint, Tarragon, Lemongrass, Patchouli, and Juniper essential oils. It also includes naturally occurring constituents like menthol, citrol, and zingiberene.
- Helps support digestive system
- May soothe upset stomach
- Never leave town without it!
Frankincense retails for £25.50 (5ml), has a woodsy aroma and includes the naturally occurring constituent alpha-pinene. We diffuse it when we need some extra comfort or grounding, but I also add it to our immune support roll on mix that we use daily. Here is the recipe we use-
Immunity System Support Roll-on 10 drops Frankincense 10 drops Lemon 10 drops Thieves Olive Oil or carrier oil of choice. Add all ingredients into an empty bottle, attach roll-on top. We roll this mix on our feet every day & also down the spines if at the slightest hint of illness.
- May help reduce appearance of ageing – add to your favourite skincare recipes!
- May help reduce nervous irritability
- May help support the immune system
- Diffuse for a comforting aroma
- Diffuse during meditation to help with grounding and purpose
I never used to like lavender, until I got my Premium Starter kit & smelt the pure therapeutic grade Lavender form Young Living. It turns out that most lavender scented products these days have synthetic lavender in & it’s that scent that would make me gag! We go through so much of it, as all 3 boys love it being diffused at bedtime, often combined with other good sleep inducing oils. Lavender retails for £19.20 (15ml), and is a popular essential oil, long loved for its calming, soothing fragrance.
- May help promote relaxation and a peaceful night’s sleep
- Use in your favorite skincare recipes
- May soothe minor skin irritations
- May minimise seasonal discomfort
- Use to deodorise closets and drawers. Add 8-10 drops to a water spray bottle.
- May help minimise scar tissue or wrinkles
Purification retails for £17.40 (15ml) and helps to freshen the air and eliminate odours with its unique combination of Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Tea Tree, and Myrtle essential oils. It also includes the naturally occurring compounds cineol, neral, and geranial.
- May be used to cleanse and soothe skin
- Helps purify the air from odors
- May help relieve itch from bug bites
- May be used as insect repellant. Combine pinch of salt, 15 drops Purification, 10 drops Peppermint with distilled water in a spray bottle
- Use to deodorize closets and drawers
- May minimise ear pain
- Can be used as deodorant
R.C. stands for Respiratory Congestion and retails for £20.40 (15ml) and is a unique blend of Cypress, Spruce, and three types of Eucalyptus (E. globulus, E. radiata, and E. citriodora) oils. It also includes the naturally occurring constituent limonene. Diffuse or add R.C to a bowl of steaming water. Place a towel over your head and inhale, or we have made our own vapour rub, by mashing several drops of R.C with coconut oil & massaging into chest & back when needed.
- May help support respiratory health
- Rub on chest and feet before exercise to uplift and inspire
- Diffuse or use during massage to create a comforting environment
Panaway retails for £70.20 (15ml) which is another reason why the Starter Kit is SUCH good value given the cost of these oils individually. This unique blend has a stimulating aroma and is an original combination of Wintergreen, Helichrysum, Clove and Peppermint essential oils. Use a carrier oil when applying topically as this is a hot oil.
Post Work-Out Rub Coconut Oil 15 drops Panaway 10 drops Copaiba (also in the Premium Starter Kit) Whip ingredients together using a mixer or just mash together with a fork. Store in a glass jar and apply after a workout to help soothe muscles.
- May help relieve muscle pain after exercise
- May help alleviate minor aches and pains
- May soothe sore joins
- May soothe tension related head and neck pain
Copaiba retails for £37.50 and is a powerful essential oil from South America that has traditionally been used to aid digestion and support the body’s natural response to injury or irritation. Copaiba contains the highest amounts of beta caryophyllene (55 percent) of any known essential oil. It promotes wellness when used with a daily health regimen.
- Promotes overall wellness
- May help support muscular and nervous systems
- When added to other essential oils, may increase potency
Stress Away is one of my favourite oils and retails for £26.10 (15ml) and is a bonus oil included in your starter kit, making that 11 oils you receive. It is glorious rolled over the back of your neck and under your ears. Stress Away is the first product to contain the unique stress-featuring powerful plant constituents, such as the cedrol found in Cedarwood and the eugenol that occurs naturally in Vanilla. Never be without this oil – keep it in your bag to whip out and apply any time you feel the stress building up!
- May help reduce occasional nervous tension
- May help calm and relax
- Diffuse to promote peaceful relaxation and reduce normal stress
I’m sure by now you are screaming at the screen, asking me how do you order these wonderful oils! Well, wait no longer & click here